Sunday, September 16, 2007

Busy week

Wow, It's been a busy week! Kylie is finnishing up her testing at school to see if she qualifies for Sp. Ed. So I've had phone call after phone call from the school asking me questions and asking me for my thoughts on this or that. And then the social worker called because Chase's IEP is up for renewal next week.
I've been on the phone with my lawyer all week too. I'm still in a custody battle with my ex... we are requesting that he has a psychological evaluation done. He's just screwed up... he doesn't know how to parent. He relies on his mom to do the parenting and he says very inappropriate things to the kids and they HATE going there. Based on the evaluation he might have to have supervised visits. That court date is next week too.
And then the good news is that I got a new car on Friday!!! Brand spanking new! It's an 07 honda civic hybrid which is awesome because we get over 40+ miles a gallon. I was driving a 04 ford explorer that got 12 miles a gallon going down hill. So hopefully even though our payment is higher we will make up the difference in gas and then some.
Yesterday I took part in a Road Rally.. it's like a scavenger hunt. It was a fundraiser for the catholic school system. I'm not catholic and my kids don't go there but I had friends attending and it was going to be a fun night out. So 8 of us piled in a suburban and solved puzzles and ran all over town taking digital photos of us at different locations with different items. There were 21 teams and our team came in FIRST place!! We won cool prizes and had a tons of fun!!

1 comment:

Ava said...

Boy do I know just how difficult custody situations can be! I went through something similar with my ex-husband. Praying for you and your kids that God will take care of this for you! Hang in there!
Martha J.