Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chase's IEP

Yesterday morning was Chase's IEP meeting. It was fairly uneventful. He will still be receiving resource room help (thank goodness!) but will no longer get O.T. or Speech. I'm not surprised with the O.T. seeing that it was just as a consultation this past year, she basically said that she doesn't expect him to improve and that he's about as good as he's going to get as far as his fine motor abilities go. I'm sort of shocked that he won't be getting Speech anymore, his speech is strange and immature. But the speech therapist felt confident that the resource room teacher could keep an eye on it and if anything arises to just call her but she didn't feel that at his age speech was going to help much more. We talked a little about my concerns that there is a bigger picture that if causing Chase's problems and they thought my concern were valid based on his birth history and developmental track and told me what steps to make with that... so I'll be calling his Ped. to get a consultation on what to do next.

No comments: