Friday, September 7, 2007

Day one


I guess today is as good of a day as any to start a blog. Here I go.....

Wow... This is harder that it looks when I read other peoples blogs. I'm not much of a writer, more of a reader I guess.

Well my name's Stephanie and I'm married to my husband Drew. We were married October 28th 2006. Drew owns a Lawn Maintence company and goes to college full time also. I am a stay at home mom to Chase age 9 and Kylie age 5. This blog is really more about them than about me so let me tell you a little more about each of them.

Chase is my first born, he was born July 15 1998 at 33 wks gestation weighing 4 lbs 3 oz 17 inches and spent 16 days in NICU. Now he's 9 and in the 4th grade. Chase was Diagnosed ADHD at a young age and has been in OT and/or speech therapy since he was 17 mos old. Last year he was diagnosed with a language based learning disability which also interferes with his reading and writing. Chase loves fishing ( and is actually going charter fishing tomorrow for salmon), snowboarding, wrestling and pokemon cards.

Kylie is my baby, she was born Novemeber 11th 2001 at 32 wks gestation and was a whopping 4 lbs 13 oz ( 98%tile for her gestation!) 17 1/2 inches and spent 13 days in NICU. Kylie never received any early intervention and was always right on in her development. She was diagnosed ADHD just after she turned 4 yrs old. Kylie is 5 now (almost 6) and in the 1st grade. Kylie is currently being tested for the learning disabilities too as she has the same reading and writing issues her brother had at this age. Kylie loves dolls, pokemon cards, milk, imaginary friends and acting like a monkey.

3 comments:

Arizona mom to eight said...

Beatiful children, how stressful for you to have both of them come so early.

liesel said...

See? You did great! Your kids are gorgeous. Looking forward to following your adoption journey...hopefully?

amyl4 said...

Your kids are very CUTE!!!
Thanks for starting your blog, I love to read them.
Amy (your Michigan neighbor and new RR friend.) I have a blog too, let me know if you don't have it and I will post it for you.
Amy